We are a company in the IoT space formed by an experienced team with a strong corporate background and we are looking to add in our core team a Database Administrator who will help with the delivery of our solution.
We are seeking to hire a technically skilled database administrator that is capable of holding a position of great responsibility. In this role, you’ll be the first respondent to database problems that arise and carry out periodic maintenance and troubleshooting.
To ensure success as a database administrator, you should be an excellent problem-solver and communicator that is fluent in most data manipulation languages. Ultimately, a top-notch database administrator should have extensive knowledge of the databases under their administration and display sound technical skills and administrative aptitude.
Database Administrator Responsibilities:
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Responding in a timely manner to user-reported errors
- Protecting databases against threats or unauthorized access
- Ensuring databases are adequately backed up and able to be recovered in the event data loss
- Reporting on metrics regarding usage and performance
- Suggesting changes and improvements for database maintenance or protection
- Regularly liaising with developers and DevOps Engineers
Database Administrator Requirements:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a database administrator or related role.
- Extensive experience with PostgreSQL and extensions.
- Up-to-date with trends and developments in database administration.
- Proven knowledge in PostgreSQL installation and configuration.
- Experience on Linux and cloud environments.
- Proven knowledge of various backup procedures / strategies;
- Experience in sizing for PostgreSQL databases;
- Experience in configuring and supporting Database Monitoring tools;
- Proficient in working with high availability environment
- Experience in developing scripts for various DBA activities and automations.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and responsible.
- Capable of working under pressure.
Nice to have
- Previous experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Previous experience in cloud environments using Kubernetes
- Exposure to Kafka and/or Elastic
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full-time employment
- Friendly colleagues and a pleasant working environment
- Professional development within a rapidly growing company
- Working with an agile and talented team
- Hybrid on premise / remote working model